Thursday, January 26, 2006

MICHAEL BLOODY BUBLE


well i have been having trouble adding pictures on the site with the computer at the hostel so i will have to go into the city to add them on tommorow.

i have a ripper of a story but i want to add thephotos before i post about it.


anyway-

i have had about enough of hearing bad news from home.

after aunty jayne rang me and told me that my cousin luke has just been daignosed with cancer, it was like a punch in the guts.

i tried to get back to work but just couldn't- and i was just felt so far away. i said to my boss "i want to go home, i'm not strong enough to do this."

it is the first time i felt like that.

i left work early, watched celebrity big brother( iwill tell you guys more about that later on. suffice to say the english media is every bit as horrible as you've heard them to be, and big brother is really MEAN!!! its great television)

ANYWAY, i hopped into bed, smacked on my ipod programmed it to just shuffle and the first song it spat out was micheal buble "home"

for those who dont know about my fondness for frank sinatra ( micheal buble is the only modern guy who has that style of song now) and have never heard the song- here are the lyrics....


Another summer day
Has come and gone away
In Paris and Rome
But I wanna go home
Maybe surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home
Oh I miss you, you know
And I’ve been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you
Each one a line or two
“I’m fine baby, how are you?”
Well I would send them but I know that it’s just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that
Another aeroplane
Another sunny place
I’m lucky I know
But I wanna go home
Mmmm, I’ve got to go home
Let me go home
I’m just too far from where you are
I wanna come home
And I feel just like I’m living someone else’s life
It’s like I just stepped outside
When everything was going right
And I know just why you could not Come along with me
But this was not your dream
But you always believed in me
Another winter day has come And gone away
And even Paris and Rome
And I wanna go home
Let me go home
And I’m surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel alone
Oh, let me go home
Oh, I miss you, you know
Let me go home
I’ve had my run
Baby, I’m done
I gotta go home
Let me go home
It will all be allright
I’ll be home tonight
I’m coming back home
then, as had happend to me everytime i have hit a really low point of homesickness- things just seem to fall into place.
Adam finally called me- he's been gallavanting over the world to miami and then went on a cruise down to mexico with his other half.
i had a chat with mum on the phone.
earlier on in the night at work i gave my number out to someone who i have fancied for quite a while. i NEVER do that becasue i am realy shy about doing that kind of stuff.
anyway, while i hopped into bed i got a text saying "thanks for giving me your number/had a great night/ when can we catch up?"
then i put my ipod back in my ears and this micheal buble song came on...
I was a stranger in the city
Out of town were the people I knew
I had that feeling of self-pity
What to do? What to do? What to do?
The outlook was decidedly blue
But as I walked through the foggy streets alone
It turned out to be the luckiest day I've known
A foggy day in London Town
Had me low and had me down
I viewed the morning with alarm
The British Museum had lost its charm
How long, I wondered, could this thing last?
But the age of miracles hadn't passed,
For, suddenly, I saw you there
And through foggy London Town
The sun was shining everywhere.
so that made me again think about h ow that 'something' always picks me up off the floor and pushes me along.
it is almost like someone is looking out for me- and i have to be sure that who ever it is, they will be looking out for luke too.
:-)
so chin up mate, i will be seeing you in a couple of months.
xO